Care for Less
Modus is a patented value-based digital health technology that ranks and rewards physicians for patients best outcomes.
We standardize quality outcomes, measure and guide physicians to optimize patients functional outcomes for dollars spent. Modus sets out to correct the systemic flaws by aligning the interests of patients, employers and physicians, skyrocketing cost trends will be reversed as the patient's own physician is the steward of both care and cost.
Modus aligns all stakeholders incentives
Patients get the best care and higher function
Employers lowers care costs
Physicians make more money doing better not more care
Physicians and Therapists:
Clinicians point of care best practice guidance that optimizes patients functional outcomes for the dollars spent.
iPad app that:
Visually guides clinicians in real time to best practice
Uses AI to optimize clinical guidelines
Tracks patient functional recovery
Simplifies clinical documentation and workflow
Mines data relating to clinicians’ approach to patient care
Integrates with clinicians EHRs
Modus TRUST SCORE ranks physicians and therapists as GOLD, SILVER or BRONZE, based on 4 key metrics:
Routinely following best practice guidelines
Improving patient reported function
Improving patient satisfaction
Employers and claims managers leverage our TRUST SCORE for:
Sourcing trusted clinicians
Steering employees to the best clinicians
Ensuring highest quality care for their employees
Our patented AI driven clinical best practices technology is continually calculating cost/benefit analysis that incorporates the knowledge, wisdom and experience of the best physicians in the field, and it gets smarter as it learns from new data sets.
$1Trillion dollars is the annual US Musculoskeletal care spend: #1 US healthcare expenditure ($210/life/month) due to current practices that reward providing more, not better care. This results in high costs and lost productivity due to prolonged disability. Outcomes are still being managed by inefficient and costly antiquated systems. US employers carry the vast burden of healthcare spending (58% vs. 22% by Medicare) while paying 2.4x what medicare pays for the same services.
Meet our people
ALI ALHIMIRI, MDFOUNDER, ACTING CEO, AND CMO
Ali is a Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Physician who provided a high level of cost effective and patient function centered care since 2002 and is committed to continually improving patients’ access to best standards of care in musculoskeletal care. He has successfully treated thousands of patients with pain and his insight led directly to the development of MODUS’ unique and innovative approach.
STEVE BENNETTCO-FOUNDER, COO
Steve is a certified Six Sigma Black Belt which has enabled him to lead programs that improve the quality of care, reduce risk, and optimize clinical outcomes. He has developed an improvement program that led to cost savings exceeding $350 million over seven years for BAA Airports, and over $500 million in 18 months for British Rail.
ANDREW SHELBYCHIEF SYSTEM ARCHITECT
Andrew is a Full-Stack Software Developer, Architect and FHIR expert responsible for developing the MODUS System. He has over 20 years of diverse experience creating custom solutions from the ground up for industries including Automotive, Oil and Gas, Court E-Filing, Law Enforcement, Insurance and Government Agencies. As a government contractor, he has served as a key resource on several projects involving the United States Air Force, Federal Aviation Administration and CMS. Andrew has a continued passion for learning and using the latest technologies including HL7 FHIR, iOS Mobile, IBM Watson, Microsoft Azure and Microsoft HoloLens / Augmented Reality.
MANOHAR KAMALAPURKAR, MBAPRODUCT DIRECTOR
Manohar has extensive experience in complex large-scale enterprise Business analysis & Product design. He is involved in accelerating digital transformation in Healthcare IT through the use of Cloud, Business Intelligence, Interoperability and Machine learning. He is a passionate thinker with expertise in driving Implementation, Business architecture, digital technologies and smart healthcare IT. A strong believer for Open Data and the use of APIs to overcome Data Silos.
CHARLES YORKE, PhDDATA SCIENCES AND ANALYTICS
Charles is a passionate, analytical software developer and data scientist with over 15 years of corporate experience together with a diverse background in many disciplines including computer science, geographic information systems (GIS), remote sensing, and geo-statistics. Charles Yorke has excellent ability to develop and deliver quality analytical programming and data solutions to critical business problems. Charles Yorke has a master’s and a PhD in GIS and another master’s in computer science.
HOW WOULD MODUS HELP PATIENTS ?
- Modus identify clinicians who holds patients best interest at heart, and help them achieve best care and outcome for their patients
- Patients are usually anxious and stressed dealing with injury or illness, similar to a Google / Amazon star rating Modus finds them clinicians that they can trust.
- Patients return to normal function faster which in turn enables them to return to their life, family and jobs.
WHAT DOES MODUS RANKING MEANS ?
- Gold Clinicians: Almost All Patients benefit from the best standards of care to achieve the highest function and satisfaction, by avoiding aggressive unnecessary procedures and surgeries and limiting the use of addictive medications
- Silver Clinician: The Vast Majority of Patients benefit from the best standards of care to achieve the highest function and satisfaction, by avoiding aggressive unnecessary procedures and surgeries and limiting the use of addictive medications
- Bronze Clinician: The Majority of Patients benefit from the best standards of care to achieve the highest function and satisfaction, by avoiding aggressive unnecessary procedures and surgeries and limiting the use of addictive medications
HOW IS PATIENTS PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION SECURE WITH MODUS ?
- Modus uses the latest data security technology backed by the best cloud security services
- Modus system is more secure than any major bank App with the use 2 factor authentication at every level
- Modus perform regular third party security audits that insure our top level security
DO ALL CLINICIANS GET RANKED AS GOLD, SILVER OR BRONZE ?
- No, Modus will not share or publish a clinician ranking unless the clinician consents to be published
- When Modus have enough data from a clinician to be ranked, the clinician will be asked for consent before publishing his or her data
- Clinicians can choose to use Modus and not be ranked until they feel they have mastered the scoring and they are ranked fairly
HOW IS MODUS DIFFERENT FROM DISCOUNT PROVIDERS NETWORKS ?
- Modus believes in paying providers a premium for high quality care based on best value
- Discounting physician/therapist fees generally leads to reducing the quality of care. In turn, this often causes patients to seek alternative aggressive and expensive procedures and surgical care that lead to poor outcomes
- Modus is the opposite of discount providers networks, Modus business model pays for performance with incentive payments for clinicians who demonstrate high quality care through better patient functional outcomes
WHY WILL PHYSICIANS AND THERAPISTS ADOPT MODUS ?
- Our clinicians do well by doing good
- Good clinicians are overworked and under appreciated because the current systems treat every clinician the same way by requiring onerous documentation, utilization review and pre auth processes.
- Modus approach is trusting the clinicians responsible autonomy.
- A significant portion of Modus fees are paid to the top ranking physicians as rewards for better patients outcomes, without interfering with billing practices. Top performing physicians potentially can earn an extra 6 figures in annual incentive dollars
- Modus enables clinicians to be included in high value employer networks.
- Modus does not dictate treatment choices. Providers may use their best judgment, based on patient circumstances, that result in better outcomes.
- Integration with EHR and saves 80% of clicks (More time spend with patients than computers).
- Getting recognized and paid incentives for value they provide.
- Updated best practice at the point of care without the need for time consuming conferences.
HOW DO CLINICIANS BECOME PART OF MODUS NETWORK ?
- If part of an employer network, a provider can use the Modus app at absolutely no cost.
- If not yet part of an employer network, a provider may download and use the Modus app for free and pay a nominal fee to cover ongoing support and maintenance costs.
EMPLOYERS / CLAIMS MANAGERS:
HOW WOULD MODUS BENEFIT PAYERS (EMPLOYERS/HEALTH PLANS) ?
- Employers can cut their Musculoskeletal care costs in half
- An easy to use dashboard simplifies employee outcome tracking at point of care
- Employers pay for better not just more care, and success instead of efforts
- Modus platform lowers case management and utilization management expenses
- Modus aligns employer / provider incentives by lowering the cost of care while rewarding providers for improving employee outcomes resulting in better more trusting relationships
- Modus gives employers a tool which steers employees to easily find providers they can trust
HOW IS MODUS DIFFERENT FROM ALL THE ANALYTICS COMPANIES ?
- We are unique in using non claims based quality metrics.
- Modus best practice standards are customizable and dynamic (compared to the rigidity of analytics process)
- Timing for physician feedback: at point of care/real time vs months in claims based analytics.
- Dynamic Best practice standards allows clinicians the freedom to choose the best practices they want to follow and then uses Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence technology to refine those best practices based on outcomes.
- We measure patient reported functional outcome vs claims based analytics that measures clinician's effort of clicking on EHR boxes.
WHO PAYS PROVIDERS THEIR INCENTIVE PAYMENTS ?
- Modus pays the provider based on their ranking (GOLD, SILVER, BRONZE)
HOW MANY CLINICIANS AN EMPLOYER WILL NEED TO BENEFIT FROM MODUS ?
- 1 Physician and 3 therapist per 750 annual claims
WHAT DOES MODUS COST ?
- Employer's fees are charged to on per employee bases.
- Fees are determined by evaluating employee locations, classification codes, and DART scoring.
HOW IS MODUS DIFFERENT FROM "DIGITAL/REMOTE PHYSICAL THERAPY" ?
- We don't add a third layer of virtual providers to the care
- We empower that best doctors and therapist in your location to provide the best care and outcomes
16000 Southfield Road
Allen Park, MI 48101